Writer's Productivity Kickstart - Mitigating the impact Covid-19 has had on your productivity.
Are you stuck on your current project (s) or want some dedicated time and space to work on your writing? Meet with other like-minded writers looking for motivation in a six-week group to support tangible progress on your current project(s). The underlying theme is “What impact has the Covid-19 pandemic had on productivity for creatives?”
Self-care and compassion are essential, but so is progress, especially when you need to eat! When you’re overwhelmed, how do you reconcile the two? This is a discussion element, along with productivity. Discussion uses different parts of the brain. It also adds different perspectives and solutions available to the group.
· 6 75-minute live sessions weekly
(MONDAYS 4:00-5:15 PACIFIC TIME utc-7 Sep. 27-Nov. 1 )
· Outside work on your own project
· Sharing progress with the group highly encouraged
· 2 scheduled work blocks via zoom (state your goals, and work for 2-3 25 min pomodoro sprints, evaluate your progress) Optional times Mondays 3-4 Friday 1-2
· Paired with 1-2 others with similar goals for writing/progress check-ins
Who is this for:
· This group is for writers
· This is for individuals with a WiP (Work-in-Progress) moving towards publication (1st time or repeat)
· This is not a writing class, but a space to (support you) make headway on a stalled WiP
· This will connect you with an intimate community of others on a similar journey
· It is not a mental health support group, but being around others engaged in a similar vision can build resilience and energy.
This is not an instruction course, but I will introduce some tools that may help with moving your process forward—carving out time to write, motivation to write, or balancing other projects so you have time to write,
Outcomes I expect:
· Define in week 1
· Refine each week
· Reevaluate at week 3 or4
· Evaluate progress at week 6
· Group discussion
· Tiny Habits® introduction and application to your writing process
· Other group members know things
· Coaching strategies, as applicable to individual situations
· Others to talk about your project with beyond your spouse/roommate/friend
· Facebook group
· Dedicated space devoted to making space and gaining momentum writing
Use the Power of the Pause—why do you need to stop
· What is working??
· What is not working??
· What do you need to do to move forward?
Not sure you're ready? Questions? Email email@example.com